Personal Information Protection Policy
Senko Shoji Co., Ltd. (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our” ) engages in the business activities consisting mainly of the petroleum, commercial trading, construction, IT solutions, e-purchasing solutions, and mail-order businesses. When we handle personal information to be acquired through our business activities (“Personal Information”), especially Personal Information handled in the petroleum and mail-order businesses, we will be required to pay the utmost care and attention, and we recognize that it is our important social responsibility to surely protect Personal Information handled in each of the businesses of the Company.
Therefore, we will handle Personal Information to be acquired through our business activities in accordance with the following policies, and provide “reassurance” and fulfill our social responsibility for the purpose of protecting Personal Information.
1. Acquisition, use, provision and entrustment of Personal Information
- We will acquire Personal Information to the extent necessary to attain the purpose of use and by lawful and fair means.
- We will not use Personal Information acquired by us for any purpose other than the designated purpose of use. We will take measures to this end.
- Whenever it becomes necessary to use Personal Information for any purpose other than the designated purpose, we will use such Personal Information after we obtain a principal’s consent to the new purpose of use in advance.
- We will not disclose or provide any Personal Information to any third party without a principal’s consent or any justifiable cause.
- When we engage an external service provider to handle Personal Information, we will select any service provider that satisfies the personal information protection standards designated by us.
2. Laws, guidelines stipulated by the national government, and other standards
- We will endeavor to pay attention to the laws, guidelines stipulated by the national government and other standards relating to the businesses handling Personal Information (the “Laws”) at all times, and communicate them to our employees and comply with them.
3. Safety management of Personal Information
- We will take every possible measure for our computers, networks, facilities and equipment to prevent divulgement.
- We will take precautions against disasters and other failures to surely prevent loss or damage of Personal Information.
We are preparing for an emergency by storing backup files of Personal Information in a safe and secure manner.
- We will conduct inspections and when a breach, incident or accident is found, promptly correct it. In addition, we will take preventive measures against vulnerabilities.
- We will ensure that our employees receive safety education programs.
4. Grievance and consultation
- We will appropriately and promptly respond to inquiries about Personal Information.
5. Continuous improvement
- Through our personal information protection management systems, we will monitor and audit how our people comply with our internal regulations, try to find any breach, incident, accident or vulnerability, and have it reconsidered by our representative, with the goal of fulfilling our Personal Information Protection Policy. We will reflect those efforts in our management measures and internal regulations for personal information protection and strive to assure continuous improvement of our personal information protection management systems.
- For improvement, we will comply with the Laws and JIS Q 15001.
Established on August 6, 2009
Last amended on April 1, 2017
Hiroshi Yoneji , Representative Director
Senko Shoji Co., Ltd.